Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm Not Funny And They Aren't Philistines

I just read some of my blog to my family and they didn't laugh even once. Philistines. Actually I'm not sure what that means, it just sounds good. Appropriate.

Hold on, googling...

Definition of Philistinism: In the fields of philosophy and aestetics, the term philistinism describes the social attitude of anti-intellectualism that undervalues and despises art, beauty, spirituality, and intellect; ‘the manners, habits, and character, or mode of thinking of a philistine’.

That only works if I consider my blog art, and I don't. This is only a narrative of events. A cheap therapist. A diary, if you will. I'm well aware that nobody is reading this, and that's OK. I can say whatever I like because I have no audience. And thus I have no one to judge me for what I write, or how I write it, or my inability to create proper sentence structures or spelling. This works for me.

And with that I say adeu.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment