Sunday, May 13, 2012

I Am a Failure At Mother's Day.

Mother's Day kinda sucks when your mom is trying to move all her shit from her old house to the new house and is entirely too busy to go out to lunch, or reminisce, or make you feel like you've acknowledged Mother's Day in any significant way whatsoever.

Also, my perfect gift idea was totally jacked by my mother's husband (I will explain why I call him that in another post.) She's never had a massage before so I told Miguel I was going to get her a certificate for one and a pedicure and he completely stole it. Like, he just said he was taking it and that I could come up with something else.

I'm glad she got it, but that well off good gift ideas dried up after that. Edible Arrangements? Booked up. Lunch? No time. Candy? She's on a diet. Flowers? Nobody delivers to bum-fuck, and certainly not at the last minute.

I can't even help her move because I'm working a 12 hour shift right now. And I can't talk to her until later so I actually had to send "Happy Mother's Day!" via text message. TEXT MESSAGE.

Fail.

-Sarah

Update: Ok, so apparently mom's husband Miguel is REALLY bad at Mother's day. He invited a bunch of his relatives over to help us move and try brought their asshole messy kids over and Mom had to clean up after their asses while Miguel got drunk on th back porch. He's way worse at this than me. Double Mega Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment